This page contains all information regarding:
- Membership Information
- First Time Membership
- Membership Renewal Options
- Voluntary CSR Renewal Application
- Updating Member Information
Indiana Shorthand Reporters Association strives to advance the profession of verbatim shorthand reporting by promoting professional reporting excellence through education, research, and the use of state-of-the-art technology; establishing and maintaining professional standards of practice; and advocating before legislative and regulatory bodies on issues which impact the judicial system and others served by the court reporting profession of Indiana. ISRA Memberships run yearly (12 months) from January 1st through December 31st of each year. Dues are payable on or before February 1st of each year. ** LATE FEE of $20.00 will be assessed on Membership Renewal Dues paid after February 1, 2015. **
Membership Join/Renewal Options:
Current members can renew online or by mail. You can renew your membership online via PayPal. A PayPal account is not required and all credit cards are accepted.
Option 1: Online Renewal
You must be logged in prior to renewing your membership. Please click the button below if you wish to continue to the online renewal and donation page. A 5% fee will be added to all PayPal payments.
Option 2: Renew By Mail
You can also renew by printing the renewal form, fill it out, and mail with your payment to the address provided.
First Time Members:
Please download and print the Membership Application and mail your completed application along with your payment to the address on the application form. The application can be filled out prior to printing by typing in each field.
- Professional ($50): Any reputable and competent shorthand reporter who is an official court or legislative stenographer, CART or realtime provider, or broadcast captioner or actively engaged in the profession of law reporting or general shorthand reporting. A competent shorthand reporter shall mean a reporter who possesses one of the following qualifications: Is either an Indiana CSR, a CSR from any other state, a holder of an RPR or RMR from NCRA, a certified stenographic broadcast captioner (CBC), or stenographic CART (CCP) provider.
- Participating ($50): Any shorthand reporter who is an official court, legislative stenographer, CART or captioner or actively engaged in the profession of law reporting or general shorthand reporting and have graduated from a “recognized” shorthand reporting school but does not hold a CSR from Indiana or any other state and does not hold an RPR or RMR or CCP or CBC from NCRA.
- Associate ($40): A teacher of verbatim stenographic reporting or anyone connected in an official capacity with a school or college conducting a verbatim stenographic reporting course shall be eligible to become an associate member. Such persons need not meet the requirements for skill in the art of reporting proceedings. Any person who has been certified by NCRA as a Certified Legal Video Specialist (CLVS) shall be eligible to become an associate member; any person interested in the preservation, support, and advancement of the field of verbatim reporting, who is not otherwise eligible for membership, shall be eligible to become an associate member.
- Retired (exempt): Any professional or participating member in good standing upon retiring from the active practice of verbatim stenographic reporting shall be eligible to become a retired member of this association.
- Student ($20): Any person who is currently enrolled and attending a court reporting program.
If you need to renew your CSR you can click the button below to download our Voluntary CSR Renewal Application. Please note that pursuant to Rule 11(b)(4) of the Rules Governing Voluntary CSR, you must be a member in good standing of ISRA to maintain your CSR status.
Update Member Information:
Has your member information changed? No problem. Visit the Edit your Profile page and fill out the form in the lower section.